WordPress version 2.1 is finally released this morning. The WordPress team claims that they had done over 550 bug fixes on this version! Now that’s a lot of bug huh?
These are the changes in this new version:
- Autosave makes sure you never lose a post again.
- Our new tabbed editor allows you to switch between WYSIWYG and code editing instantly while writing a post.
- The lossless XML import and export makes it easy for you to move your content between WordPress blogs.
- Our completely redone visual editor also now includes spell checking.
- New search engine privacy option allows you take you to indicate your blog shouldnâ€™t ping or be indexed by search engines like Google.
- You can set any â€œpageâ€ to be the front page of your site, and put the latest posts somewhere else, making it much easier to use WordPress as a content management system.
- Much more efficient database code, faster than previous versions.
- Links in your blogroll now support sub-categories and you can add categories on the fly.
- Redesigned login screen from the Shuttle project.
- More AJAX to make custom fields, moderation, deletions, and more all faster. My favorite is the comments page, which new lets you approve or unapprove things instantly.
- Pages can now be drafts, or private.
- Our admin has been refreshed to load faster and be more visually consistent.
- The dashboard now instantly and brings RSS feeds asynchronously in the background.
- Comment feeds now include all the comments, not just the last 10.
- Better internationalization and support for right-to-left languages.
- The upload manager lets you easily manage all your uploads pictures, video, and audio.
- A new version of the Akismet plugin is bundled.
Looks nice right? The editing box will pop up in the middle of the page without opening a new window. The problem is, I can’t even close it. Nothing happened even I kept on clicking on the X button. I have to scroll using my mouse roll button within the pop up to get to the update button. Everything works fine using Internet Explorer but not on Firefox. Anyone can tell me why? I don’t know is this problem only happen to me or everyone. Maybe it is just only me… hmm…
An engineer which have a lot of interests in gadgets and technology stuffs. The blog varies from life events to gadgets reviews and hacks.